About this course
Career as a doctor is very rewarding. It’s the most respected profession in the world. Doctors interact and treat patients on daily basis. This profession demands full concentration, passion, patience and strong nerves.
Although members of the LGBTQ community have many of the same health needs as everyone else – LGBTQ people catch colds, get injured and share health risks with others of their gender, race and nationality – there are some special concerns that are important to discuss with a doctor. Faced with inadequate care – and sometimes hostile – many LGBTQ patients are apparently reluctant to share their sexual orientation and identity.
The solution includes collecting more information to help identify specific health needs for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ), and educating health professionals to better understand that there are differences in care needs, and that neglecting these problems can be harmful. Enroll in this course and you will learn how to provide high quality healthcare service and to present a welcoming environment for all of your patients especially the underserved population of LGBTQ+ patients.
Before you leave:
- This is a five-module online course
- Each module last 90 minutes and is interactive and engaging
- No background knowledge is necessary
- Learner-focus videos are provided
- Each module contains a pre and post questionnaire
- Knowledge checks activities and questions are provided throughout training
- The implementation of the course is set by your employer
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.